We’ve talked about how important of a tool video is becoming for marketers.
Video views are growing so fast that if you don’t jump in now, you might miss out on one of the biggest opportunities for you and/or your company.
And that’s why I wanted to talk about Twitter video, which is something not a lot of marketers have embraced yet!
Let’s get started.
Videos on Twitter
Video on Twitter is still relatively new and that means it’s also the perfect time for you to jump on the opportunity and start experimenting with it.
Let’s start with the basics and learn everything from how to upload to Twitter and what the videos look like to how to get the most out of Twitter video.
How to Upload
Twitter offers a few different options for you to upload a video:
- Record and upload directly from your Android or iOS phone app.
- Import a video from your iPhone or iPad (you can add the video the same way you would attach a photo to your tweet and you’ll notice videos have a time counter in the bottom left corner of their thumbnail)
- Upload a video from your computer on Twitter.com (similar to how you would attach a photo)
Twitter does have some limitations when it comes to videos. Here are some things to keep in mind when sharing one on Twitter:
- Videos on Twitter have a maximum video length of 30 seconds (you will be prompted to edit videos to 30 seconds or less in length if you upload on the web)
- The video format supported for mobile apps are MP4 and MOV
- The video format supported on the web is MP4 with H264 format with AAC audio.
- The maximum file size you can upload on the web is 512MB
- Here is some more technical information:
- Minimum resolution: 32 x 32
- Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1200 (and 1200 x 1900)
- Aspect ratios: 1:2.39–2.39:1 range (inclusive)
- Maximum frame rate: 40 fps
- Maximum bitrate: 25 Mbps
Pro Tip: A way to buypass the MP4 limitation on the web upload is to use Buffer to upload and schedule your videos on Twitter. I upload all my MOV files that way on Twitter.
What does it Look Like
Now that you know how to upload a Twitter video. Let’s take a look at what it would look like on your profile.
We have used videos to announce new product launches. Here are a couple examples from recent launches for Pablo 2.0 and our Social Media Calendar.
Introducing Social Media Calendar by Buffer! Manage all your social media at a glance! <img src="http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f4c6.png" alt="Advertisements