Posted by CharleneKate
Ever dreamed of going to MozCon and imagined yourself watching Dr. Pete’s talk, taking photos with Roger, and giving Rand a fist bump? Or maybe you’ve always gone to MozCon and just can’t budget it this year? Well, we have the opportunity of a lifetime for you!
This year, we’re thrilled to try something new and give our community members a chance to win an exclusive VIP MozCon experience! A free ticket to MozCon 2016 including optional VIP front row seating, accommodations (with suite upgrade) for the entire conference, airfare/transportation to Seattle, and shuttle service from Sea-Tac Airport to Olive 8 Hyatt. The whole shebang!
We’re asking you to put together a piece of content to tell us why we should send you to MozCon. We want your content to be original and creative!
First step: Create some awesome, compelling content.
Here’s a few content types that you can use:
A video (must be 1 minute or less): Get in front of the camera.
A blog post: Make the case using your brilliant writing skills.
A song: Are you musically gifted? Write and sing a song.
A photo album: Are you a visual person? This might be for you.
A drawing or painting: Perhaps you’re more inclined to draw it out.
A reenactment: You know you’ve always wanted to plaster on a Rand mustache and give some SEO advice.
These are just a few ideas. You’re more than welcome to combine the content types. Perhaps you’ll write a song and make a music video. This is your oyster, so don’t hold back – let your creative juices flow!
Second step: Submit!
Once your content is created, tweet us a link to your content @Moz and use the hashtag #mozcon by Sunday, May 29th at 5:00pm PDT. Be sure to follow these instructions in order for your submission to qualify. Don’t forget to add a contact email address easily visible within your content so we can reach you by email for next steps and/or communication.
Submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee at Moz. The first run-through will look at all submissions to make sure they qualify. The second run-through will be shared with all 200 Mozzers, and they’ll vote for their favorite entries. The one with the most votes wins the free trip to MozCon 2016.
Wait, don’t go yet! Be sure to read the nitty-gritty:
- Mozzers will judge entries based on creativity of content.
- Submissions close on Sunday, May 29th at 5:00pm PDT.
- The winner will be announced, and the winner’s content will be shared from @Moz via Twitter, on Monday, June 6th.
- You must be able to attend MozCon, September 12–14, 2016 in Seattle. Prize is non-transferrable.
- All submissions must adhere to the MozCon Code of Conduct.
- Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- The value of the prize will be reported for tax purposes as required by law; the winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prizes and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules.
Winner will get an exclusive VIP MozCon experience that includes:
- A free ticket to MozCon 2016, including optional VIP front row seating (valued at $999).
- Accommodations with suite upgrade at the Hyatt at Olive 8 from September 11–15, 2016 (valued at $1,100).
- Best available domestic and international travel rates to Seattle that Moz will book for you (valued at $1,000+).
- Roundtrip shuttle service from Sea-Tac Airport to Hyatt at Olive 8 (valued at $100).
OK, go on and get started on your stellar content. We can’t wait to see all your submissions!
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, tips, and rad links uncovered by the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of stuff you don’t have time to hunt down but want to read!